At Academy Pet Hospital, we consider ourselves much more than just an animal clinic. Sure, our goal is to help local pet parents keep their animal family members happy and healthy. In addition, our mission is to also help as many people in this world as we possibly can. You see, we want to do more than just change the way vet care is delivered. We want to change the world for the better. We know that with every client that we assist, we are improving the lives of pets. We are also making a significant impact on the lives of others across the globe through our ongoing commitment to Kiva loans. Kiva is a non-profit organization that facilitates the lending of micro loans to help people around the world create opportunities for themselves, their families and their communities. Our own team members are encouraged to select the loan recipients they’d like to support. Being able to read the stories of the various recipients and how they feel a loan will change their lives is an incredibly inspirational experience for all of us at Academy Pet Hospital.
Examples of some of the more recent loans funded include:
- Jhoselyn from El Salvador is able to purchase coolers to keep her fish and seafood cold while she sells them.
- Han from Myanmar so he can purchase fertilizer and pesticides to help him grow more groundnut crops.
- Alymkan from Krygyztan plans to increase the headcount of her cattle and continue with her farming business.
- Oisha from Tajikistan is able to purchase tractor fuel and tractor services in order to plant her crop.
- Recelia from the Philippines raises pigs and was able to purchase medicines and vaccines for them.
- Sonali and her group from India were able to purchase raw materials to expand their vegetable vending business.
From the very beginning, we have always felt this is what animal health care should be all about… making a real impact, having fun, and helping people and pets along the way. Together we’re making as big a positive impact in the world as possible.